WHAT IS THE DATA PORTAL
Asset owners and investment managers can now easily search, group and request access to private RI reports and assessment reports from other signatories via the Data Portal, a web-based platform. At a later stage, it will allow users to export responses, visualise the data in a custom view.
Service Providers have restricted access which allows them to view public Transparency Reports. Additional access will be considered at a later stage.
WHY A DATA PORTAL?
The Data Portal is the outcome of a consultation the PRI conducted in April 2012. One of the topics of the consultation was specifically on a “data tool”. A majority of signatories supported the idea of PRI developing a tool that enables easier access to reports and exporting responses. As part of the development process the PRI conducted various interviews and consulted on the portal’s functionality and objectives with The Reporting and Assessment Advisory Committee, The Asset Owner Advisory Committee and The Manager Selection Working Group.
The Data Portal:
- Supports asset owner engagement with their managers by enabling easier access and comparison of the reported data.
- Promotes the sharing of best practice/ knowledge by giving signatories easy access to each other’s reports.
- Helps the PRI identify areas of further work based on most popular searches.
- Facilitates the informed decision-making between signatories working together.
- Increases the use of PRI data for identifying RI trends.
In the long-term, the Data Portal will link PRI’s guidance on investment practices to indicators of the reporting framework, thus helping, for example, asset owners with the selection process of managers.
TIMELINE – PHASES
March 2017 – search, group and request access to private reports functionalities
July 2017 - access to assessment reports and exporting of data functionalities
2018/19 - service provider reports, statistics and visualisation of responses functionalities
For information on how to log-in, who can access the portal, the different access permissions and getting the most out of the Data Portal, please refer to: